Saturday, September 2, 2017

Here, Have Some Songs!

Hi. I've written a bunch of songs within the past few years but I never learned how to write them down in a standard musical format of any kind. I just keep the tunes memorized in my head and write down the lyrics in text documents. I hope to eventually have them performed some day, but in the meantime I'll just be sharing the lyrics. That being said, some of these songs are sung to my own tunes and some of them are sung to the tunes of songs written by other people. Some of these songs are completely original, and some of them are "parodies" in the sense that they're derivative works inspired by, responding to or improving upon songs I've listened to previously, but not necessarily in the sense of being funny.

To start with, here are some of the songs that I have written which I think might be most appreciated by other rationalists or by members of the Pro-Truth movement.



I Want to Know Why

I want to know why the stars light up the night
I want to know why the moon keeps shining bright
I want to know why fish are born to swim and birds to fly
I want to know why

I want to know why rain falls to the ground
I want to know why lightning makes a sound
I want to know why the seasons change and why time passes by
I want to know why

I want to know why diseases plague our lives

I want to know why everybody dies
I want to know why people suffer and believe in their own lies
I want to know why

I want to know why reality persists
I want to know why anything exists
I want to know why it is that I want to know why
I will find the answers and grow wise

I will find the answers and grow wise




The Power of Your Mind (sung to the tune of "Spirit Inspiration" by Nothing's Carved in Stone)

Look all around
Past all deception
Keep on searching for the truth

You'll make mistakes

No one is perfect
So plan ahead and look before you leap

Don't trust anyone to think or decide for you
Only you can do that, so do it!
And if you keep on searching, you might find what you're searching for
With the power of your mind, reach the goal

Keep going on
Past every obstacle
Keep on trying to overcome

You'll make mistakes
Try to avoid them
It might be hard, but don't give up

Don't trust anyone to think or decide for you
Only you can do that, so do it!
And if you keep on searching, you might find what you're searching for
With the power of your mind, reach the goal

No...
I won't believe you
I won't obey you
Without a reason to!

With the courage to face the truth
And to do what's right
With the power of your mind
Find your way through the night...

 (instrumental)

Don't trust anyone to think or decide for you
Only you can do that, so do it!
And if you keep on searching, you might find what you're searching for
With the power of your mind...

Don't trust anyone to think or decide for you
Only you can do that, so do it!
And if you keep on searching, you might find what you're searching for
With the power of your mind, reach the goal!



Test it!
 

What do you do
When what you see is not what you expect?

What do you do
When you're confused and nothing's making sense?

What do you do
When you're lost within the darkness of ignorance?

If you want to know the truth

There's only one thing you can do...

Test it!
If you really want to know

Test it!
And you'll see how it goes


Test it!
Don't be afraid, for what's true is already so


Test it!
Instead of arguing

Test it!
Before you take a side


Test it!

No matter how many times you're wrong, you've got to keep on trying...

Until you find the answers that you're seeking!




Seeker's Quest

In this lost and broken world
Dangers around every turn
Faced with a mysterious riddle
Got to find the answer

Wandering through the darkness
Searching for something real
Past all the lies and fantasies
You'll see

And even when it seems impossible
To find a way and make it through
It's not as it seems, it's not just a dream
If you use your mind!

Time to begin, don't ever give in

Don't stop searching until you find the truth

No matter the cost, no matter the odds

You've got to make it through

With the strength of your heart and the strength of your mind
Face your fears and find the answers

Pierce through the darkness and then you will know
And find your way to the goal
Seeker's Quest

Until you find the answers
Seeker's Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment